- Library news
- New publications November-December
- New publications January-March
- New publication No…………..
All the documents and printed materials in the library are mainly the issues of geology, geological resources, mining, metallurgy, groundwater and petroleum, etc.
Groups of DMR technical reports
1. DMR report.
2. Geological report.
3. Metallurgical report.
4. Mineral situation report.
5. Analytical report.
6. Surveying report.
7. Mineral fuel report.
8. Mining report.
9. Legislation, law and regulation report.
10. Groundwater report.
11. Environmental report.
12. Thesis and research report.
13. Training and conference report.
14. Technical proceeding.
All these technical reports are intellectual property of DMR personnel. Any reproduction and duplication for commercial purpose are reserved. The library applies the Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) to develop its own management system for more than 4,000 items of documents.
The 2,500 text books are managed by using DDC system with index card for searching.
300 handbooks and encyclopedia are orderly kept according to alphabetical system. Contents of new arrival periodicals are normally circulate to all DMR staff while the original periodicals are available for study at the new publication shelf in the library.
Mineral resources gazette
The B.E. 2499-present gazettes are annually combined and can be searched through index cards and handbooks.
There are 4 different newspapers for service every day.
There are 555 maps of
- 1:50,000 geological maps of Thailand.
- 1:250,000 provincial geological maps.
- 1:50,000 carbonate rock maps.
- 1:50,000 limestone and dolomite resource maps.
- 1:250,000 topographic maps (of Royal Thai Survey Department:RTSD)
- 1:250,000 topographic map of Indochina and Thailand
- 1:1,000,000 topographic map (World Asia)
600 documents from 10 different foreign organizations.
Available on the opened shelves.
- CCOP (Coordinating Committee for Coastal and Offshore Geoscience Programmes)
- IOC (Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission)
- DFID (Department of International Development)
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
- ICT (International Institute for Geo-Information science and Earth Observation.
- IUGS (International Union of Geological Science)
- IGCP (International Geological Correlation Programmer.)
- CGMW (Commission for the Geological Map of the World)
- UN (United Nations)
- JICA (Japan International Co-operation Agency)
Geological and geological resource documents from foreign countries. There are 22,000 of them and available for studying on the open shelves in the library.
- Geological Survey of Japan, Asutralia, Bangaladesh, India, Bhutan, Malaysia, Denmark & Greenland, Vietnam, China, Germany, New Zealand, Indonesia, South Africa, Canada and America.
Other books, newsletters and Pamphlets.
These documents will be kept for a period of time and the obsolete ones will be eliminated once a year.